Once you zero in on your uniqueness, you can easily target who your market is. Who in the masses want what you have to offer, at the price you are offering it and from your location? Easy enough, right? Oh, the marketing geniuses think so.
Big corporations spend millions of dollars to survey their markets to establish who is purchasing their products – the demographics (age, male, female, and ethnicity), typical times and locations products are purchased; methods of payment; colors that are most popular; textures; shapes; sizes; smells; and of course the price range - it must fall into to hit the sweet spot for them.
If you could do all that for your business, would you? Some say yes, and others seem not to care. Branding helps a business establish what the owners of the business stand for. What they want to say to their end user/client/customer.
What does your business say about you?
- High Quality
- Low Quality
- Hard to get/find
Brand your business in 5 easy steps:
If you want to brand your business or yourself, consider these five easy steps to establishing yourself uniquely in the market:
- Determine what it is that makes you or your business so special that you will not have to compete on price in the market.
- Make sure every part of your business emulates this message – if it is quality of service or product etc. – maintain it all the way through.
- Systematize your business so that you deliver to your customers expectations EVERY time.
- Test and Measure your systems on a regular basis to audit yourself. Have no surprises – know what the expected outcomes are and continuously deliver.
- Establish a Guarantee – one that you know you can deliver on – every time.
Source: ActionCOACH weekly newsletter, ActionSTEPS, by ActionCOACH, Patsy Foxworthy