- In October's GrowthCLUB 90 Day Planning Session ActionCOACH Bill Gililand facilitated a great discussion,"What's a professional?" The context of the conversation was focused on how professional athletes get to the top and stay there. Fron there we transitions to what we can do in our businesses to make sure that we reaching our full potential. Here is part 2 of our discussion...
- Purposeful- What goals do you hope to accomplish at your business. Are you there to pass the time or do you have a purpose?
- Like Thinkers- Surround yourself with people who are on the same path as you. The more successful thinkers you surround yourself with, the more likely you will succeed.
- Look Easy/ All Together (Appearance)- Make your work appear easy, even if it is not. Be prepared for anything.
- Push Through Fear- If a professional comes along a "wall", where it seems difficult or scary to surpass, they keep their composure and push through the fear.
- Adapt- Change/ adapt to your surroundings. A business owner today will not be able to succed without efficient technology. Your business should reflect on your environment, in which you must adapt to.
- Self Promote- A professional must be proud of themselves. Now, they should not be cocky but confident, not be modest and preserving, but let people know, "Hey, I have a great business".
- Reliable- A professional is on top of their work. If something needs to be done, they make sure they finish it ASAP. If someone is relying on them, whether their employees or another organization, they can be counted on and not have the other organizations worried about having their needs met.
So, how many of these 7 do you need to make improvements. Take action NOW and make the changes you need to make. Next week we will have 6 more!
Make it a great day!!!